insulin resistance from birth?

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

insulin resistance from birth?

Postby Carly Rose » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi everyone.

i was just wondering if anyone else had symptoms of insulin resistance from since they were a baby. ?
according to my mum ive had brown skin patches on my back forever. as well as a dark line across my waist.

its a shame nobody thought to get it all checked out.... :(
i might have held back on the sweets and fizzy drinks as a kid and spared myself the weight and acne problems.
luckily ive managed to get rid of those symptoms now.....but FATIGUE is ruining my life. i just got back from meeting up with a few college friends, and all i wannna do is sleepppp. its so not normal. ive only bin out two hours!

would be nice to hear of other people's experiences of living with it there WHOLE life....
Carly Rose

Postby wally1989 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:22 pm

hi ya i am not sure if i have had it since birth but i certainly remember having the dizziness from around 9 years old and my mum taking me to the doctors but they didn't do any test or anything so i wish i had of been caught earlier i think it may of helped me .
diagnosed with pcos 2009
isulin resistant
Metformin 2000 mg daily
trying agnus castus
folic acid
evening primrose oil
vit b12 complex

Let's see how i get on :)

never give up hope

wally1989

Postby Hols969 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:40 am

Our experts at verity are looking at a link between vitamin D defficiency and PCOS - Are you taking any vitamins, if not, try taking Vit D and see if it helps with the tiredness.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes