Hospital today - strangely excited but very nervous :(

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Hospital today - strangely excited but very nervous :(

Postby bell4309 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:24 am

Hi all

I have been given a bed in hospital this afternoon after they cancelled on me yesterday. Im going in for a 72hr fast.

I have gone through wanting to go, to not wanting to go and back to wanting to go - but now I've got the go ahead, I am nervous all over again! I am worried about how my body will cope as blood sugars seem to have been a problem in my life for so long, that i have weirdly got used to it as a part of my day to day life!

I am excited to get some answers and glad that after all my badgering, my Dr is finally listening to me - but i have been in denial for so long that there was a prob, i am scared about what the results will show and how it will change my lifestyle - even tho I know that changing my lifestyle is a must if i want to live a better life without suffering the PCOS symptoms so much.

Anyway, rant over, there wasnt a question, just me wanting to get it off my chest before i finish packing my bag. Wish me luck!!
bell4309

Postby Hols969 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:00 am

How did it go bell?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby bell4309 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi Holly

I am still waiting for some results to come back, but my blood sugars dropped to borderline where they have to stop the test, and some of the other levels they were looking at are raised so they were thinking i may have an insulinoma. I'm hoping I wont have to wait too long before they let me know whats going on.

On the plus side, I did lose 8lb while i was in there, altho 4 have gone back on - but i'm managing to keep the other 4lb off now i'm being sensible!

Do you know anything about insulinomas? Or any ideas what my results could mean so far??
You are never alone in how you feel, even when it seems like it!
bell4309

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes