Learning the hard way!

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Learning the hard way!

Postby TinaD » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi Ladies,

Just thought I would share things I've noticed re: IR symptoms.

After being diagnosed with IR 2 yrs ago and PCOS approx 10yrs I have been following the guidelines re: diet and lifestyle to reduce symptoms. Generally the symptoms became better and more manageable as I improved my diet and increased the amount of exercise I did.

Recently my Mum had a heart attack which completely through my daily routine and my diet, exercise, sleep etc took a nose dive. After grabbing 'not so healthy food' quickly my taste for junk continued and i found excuses not to exercise and was burning the candle at both ends.

Interestingly I have noticed all my symptoms have gone worse, which indicates that the advice we are given does work. My skin has errupted, hair growth increased, weight going up rapidly, energy levels have plummeted, but worst of all my shakiness episodes have really deteriorated and become a problem. This has made me realise how much improvement I had made previously.

So I am going straight back to following the guidelines and hopefully all the improvements will come back.

Hope this helps anyone who suffers from these symptoms or is new to PCOS &/or IR

Best wishes
Tina
TinaD

Postby bell4309 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi,
It was interesting to read your thread as I am a frequent yo-yo dieter....I will be super good for about 2 wks, and find all my symptoms will decrease, but then i get this voice in my head that goes on and on all day about junk food, and before i know it the diet has gone out the window and im back eating crap!

Then i find the fuzzy head, the shakes, the nausea, the double vision etc returns and i feel generally rubbish all the time (I'm havin 1 of these weeks at the moment!). And all my other pcos symptoms get worse as well.

Thanks for sharing this on here as it makes me realise Im not the only one who suffers like this!!!
bell4309

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes