Anyone lost alot of weight who have some tips for me?

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Anyone lost alot of weight who have some tips for me?

Postby xJennax93x » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:39 pm

Im 17, 18 in October (YAY :D)I was told I had PCOS when I was 13 years old, since then I have been overweight. I was give Metformin in May so Ive been taking it for about a month now. Ive got an appointment with the dietician, but its a group meeting so I am overly nervous.

I was hoping that any women out there who lost weight had some good tips for me? And maybe a bit of encouragement for me. Im so nervous about this...

Many thanks... Jenna <3 xx
xJennax93x

Postby Hols969 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:54 pm

I think we all often need to change how we think about food, I do comfort eat when Im feeling low and I do find it tricky to stop it but I think lots of us are emotional eaters. If you can control that then that is half the battle.

I think the first meeting will feel a little awkward but it should be good.

The best advice from a pcos point of view is to eat 6 small meals a day (as we have a slow metabolism) and to reduce sugar and cut out all the white carbs so only have the brown stuff.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes