Got to get tested for type 2?

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Got to get tested for type 2?

Postby hope07 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:03 am

Hi Ladies- looking for some advice really?

Since giving birth I've have no end of problems with spots/boils, and been on antibiotics at least once a month.
I ended up at the Dr's again on boxing day with swollen glands/ spots under my arm pits which are recurrent :oops: The Dr has advised getting tested for type 2 diabetes- I've googled and some the the symptoms seem to fit- especially as my immune system seems to be struggling to fight anything. (the smallest spot ends up really nasty)

Just wondered if anyone had simlar?

Prior to having my son I was on Metformin for about 18months/ 2years to TTC, don't know whether this had had anything to do with it- quite worried to be honest-

Forgot to add, I've got a healthy diet, don't smoke, and got a BMI of about 20.

Thanks

Hope X
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby Annoldie » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:46 am

Why on earth didn't he test you whilst you were there! It's always worth getting tested for diabetes but you usually start to feel thirsty and pass lots of urine and may lose weight. Have you a Boots Chemist that you can pop into - I think they will test you. I think you need some blood tests and further investigation, I'm not a doctor but personally I wouldn't put diabetes very high on the list given your BMI and diet. Let us know how you get on. Ann
Annoldie

Postby hope07 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Thanks Hun- Its something I hadn't considered either until yesterday- but going to go and see my GP tommorrow to get something sorted one way or the other- somethings not right and just need some peace of mind x
7 -1st Trimester M/C's- TTC since Oct 05

Mummy to two beautiful children
1 DS- IVF
1 DD- Natural BFP
hope07

Postby Annoldie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:06 pm

How did you get on with your GP to day. This is just a thought - there is a condition called Hydradenitis Suppertiva ( think thats how you spell it ). It's related to PCOS and causes boil like problems usually in the groin but I think you can have it under the arms and else where - it might be worth googling it and see if it fits. Not many GP's know about it and you would need to ask to be refered to a dermatologist if you think it could be your problem - if the acne persists and is really bad it might be a good idea to ask for a referral anyway. Ann
Annoldie

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes