anxious???

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

anxious???

Postby jazzy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi Ladies, I posted about my random dizzy spell a few days ago. Last monday @ residential college I was going to my residential managers office for a meeting & had a random dizzy spell (the corridor spun!). Didnt say anything to the lady I was meeting with as it wore off when I was sat in her and I was fine once sat in her office. Had dr's next day and mentioned it to him.... he didnt take much notice, didnt check my temp. blood pressure or anything. Next day I was in bed ill with dizziness and bad headache. Since then I have felt headachy/lightheaded - been very tired and drinking loads lately. Also havent eaten any chocolate for over fortnight.... altho I reluctantly tried a tiny chocolate rice crispie cake the other night to see what might happen.... I felt dizzy lightheaded as if i was gonna pass out within 10 mins of eating it and i've been comfortable not eating chocolate or sugary stuff since.... its feels like my body physically doesnt want it... I reckon i could be borderline diabetic basically but im not sure and really anxious about it. Anyone got any ideas? - I feel a bit out of control and dont know what to do. Have booked GP appt but its playing on my mind alot. Sorry for such a long whingey post... just really anxious about this - thats all.

Love Holly (Jazzy)
Diagnosed with PCOS at 17.
Anti Depressants feb 09
OFF Anti Depressants june 09 :)
Personality: Kind and sensitive but can be fiesty
Cerazette June 2011
Micronor Aug 2011
AD's 13/03/12 after 2 years, nine months off them (citalopram again)
off citilopram 01 Aug 2012
jazzy

Location: Derby termtime at uni, South East, Kent during holidays

Postby Annoldie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi Jazzy. I have type 2 diabetes. When it was starting I was very thirsty and going to the loo very frequently,passing large amounts of urine. In fact a typical start to diabetes. Your symptoms sound to me more like insulin resistance, but whatever,you need to get it sorted. How long do you have to wait for an appointment? If it's more than a few days, I think you should ring and ask for an earlier one - you can usually get one fairly quickly if you mention you think you might have diabetes. You could talk to your practice nurse or try Boots if you find your GP unhelpful. Ann
Annoldie

Postby jazzy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks Ann. I have a GP appt on Friday with a female GP this time!! I'm going with my PA (as im in a wheelchair) so I will get to discuss things. What exactly is insulin resistance, compared to actual diabeties - silly question I know!!

Also, the other day I refused the flu jab because i was pretty adement i didnt need it... im still not planning on having it, but I later realised the reason I refused it was cos i was scared of the bloody needle and ive been pyscologically petrified of the things ever since.... god knows how im gonna cope with my bloods and getting blood sugar taken... not looking forward to it :( xx
Diagnosed with PCOS at 17.
Anti Depressants feb 09
OFF Anti Depressants june 09 :)
Personality: Kind and sensitive but can be fiesty
Cerazette June 2011
Micronor Aug 2011
AD's 13/03/12 after 2 years, nine months off them (citalopram again)
off citilopram 01 Aug 2012
jazzy

Location: Derby termtime at uni, South East, Kent during holidays

Postby Annoldie » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:20 am

Hi Jazzy, Insulin Resistance is a sort of pre diabetic condition where you produce too much insulin which creates an imbalance with your other hormones. You may go on to get diabetes but keeping your sugar and carbohydrates low can help to prevent you from getting diabetes. Your doctor can arrange a Glucose Tolerance Test for you - you have a blood test done, then drink a sugary drink and after about an hour have some more blood collected which is sent away for testing. It can cause dips in your blood sugar level making you feel very tired, dizzy and shakey - you may crave carbohydrates. Getting your diet under control and taking Metformin can help to control it. I have booked a flue jab - I get one every year and havent had flue for about 10yrs so I think it's worth it - be brave!
Annoldie

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes