Sweet tooth...

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Sweet tooth...

Postby jezabel1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:18 am

Hi
On metformin, which makes me feel sick, but having real binging problems with chocolate.
Does anyone else have the same problem?

Feel like its taken over my life - despite doctor saying i have 50% chance of diabetes, i have massive cravings.

Thanks, M
jezabel1

Postby Annoldie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:45 am

Hi. I find having a drink of cocoa (not drinking Chocolate ) helps. You could also substitute milk choc. with dark 70% or higher cocoa solids choc. Its very strong so you don't need as much (it's also expensive so I can't afford as much!) It also helps if you cut down on sweet things very very slowly. You could try eating a clementine or something else with a strong flavour when you get the urge to binge on choc. If you have it in the house you will be tempted - so don't buy it, stock up on safer treats like little boxes of sultanas or bags of nuts and dried fruit like apricots. Good luck! Ann
Annoldie

sweet tooth....

Postby jezabel1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:52 pm

thank you so much.
have to stay away from Marks and Spencer chocolate biscuit range!

Mish
jezabel1

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:29 pm

I bought galaxy chocolate the small bar one for an little choc but what i will do is keep it for an emergency :oops: :D i did feel guilty in buying it so i brought Tesco's berry mix also so that will be my evening snack :)
we still got the celebration left off from Christmas i have tried to resist but it ain't happening the craving for sugar has returned :roll: you know if i can keep exercising then all the damage will have been sorted :lol: a lady can dream.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby Busy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:41 pm

hi
I binge too, and am struggling with chocolate urges. stupid thing is, Im taking met, I go to the gym and then I binge, REALLY badly on anything I shouldnt. This weekend have been really low, the only time i got up was to go and buy chocolate. How stupid!!
I have binge ED and now am getting help, am trying not to binge so I can show how well Ive done, but other coping strategy - self harm has increased - seems to be either sh / binge with me. Am determined to beat this somehow, but it is a slow road x
On Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Thyroxine, trying to get back into taking Metformin and Orlistat
Easter weightloss challenge - need desperately to lose something!
Busy

Postby honeypots » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:19 pm

busy i used to both self harm and have binge ED, i went to an eating disorders clinic and it did help... are you on CBT?

i found they only adressed one problem, but for me the binge eating was part of the self harm and they only focussed on my diet!!!

xxx
Diagnosed in 06
Lap & dye sept 08 - enlarged cyst, tubes clear
TTC since september 08
9 rounds of Clomid and 1000mg metformin all BFN

Waiting to be seen for IVF in bradford.
honeypots

Postby Busy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:25 pm

hi honeypots
how are you?
No, not doing cbt, my cpn is giving me some specific time to talk about my eating. ED service here dont deal with bingeing, ho hum x
On Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Thyroxine, trying to get back into taking Metformin and Orlistat
Easter weightloss challenge - need desperately to lose something!
Busy

Postby honeypots » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:02 pm

Thats outrageous, it is a recognised disorder.. its like having bulimia without throwing up!! I am glad you are getting some help though... i remeber those extreme urges to eat a whole packet of biscuits etc.. it was like ill just have one , then i literally ran back to the cupboard to get the rest!!!
Diagnosed in 06
Lap & dye sept 08 - enlarged cyst, tubes clear
TTC since september 08
9 rounds of Clomid and 1000mg metformin all BFN

Waiting to be seen for IVF in bradford.
honeypots

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes