scared

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

scared

Postby nangee » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:38 am

i think that i might have diabetes the last couple of weeks have been feeling really thirsty and going to the loo a lot and think that i may ve diabetes and now i am really scared have booked an appointment for the doctors tomorrow but don't know what to expect and just wondered if anyone has any advice?
thankyou
nangee
ImageImage
nangee

Postby Annoldie » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi Nangee, please don't worry too much. If you are overweight and have pcos then if you do have diabetes it is likely to be type 2 which does not usually require treatment with Insulin in the early years, and may even be controllable with diet and exercise. Take a specimen of urine with you. Your GP will need to take some blood or he may ask you to get it taken at the nurses clinic. It's not such a big deal if you look after yourself. You will get plenty of help and advice from the dietician and diabetic nurse. This may just be a warning rather than diabetes, sometimes with type 2 diabetes it can be borderline for some time before it developes properley. You are not at a great risk of going into a coma and you should be able to control it yourself quite quickly. I have lived with it for a while now, my father and grandmother both had it. My blood sugar is fine as long as I eat sensibly. Smoking is a no no. Take care and let us know how you get on. Ann
Annoldie

Postby nangee » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:09 pm

Thankyou for your reply ann am feeling a lot better about it today this morning i went to see the doctor and they just took a blood test an dluckily i hadn't had any breakfast so they can do the test that they need to do and the results should be back in a few days but i think what ever they are it has given me the kick up the bottom to sort myself out!! but thankyou for your reassurances, merry christmas nangee
ImageImage
nangee

Postby Annoldie » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi Nangee, have you had your results yet? How are you feeling now? ANN.
Annoldie

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes