what's the best time to take metformin???

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

what's the best time to take metformin???

Postby LATINA30 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:30 am

Hey all, hope your all doing ok, I have been on met for a while and have been taking 3x 500mg tablets 3 times a day with meals, I was wondering if anyone takes it all together at after an evening meal or how people have found it????
Rach x
LATINA30

Postby Annoldie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:40 am

Hi. Ordinary Metformin needs to be taken with or after meals 3x a day if that is what you have been prescribed. The slow release type can be taken differently and is not likely to give you a sharp drop in your blood sugar, but I think you should discuss it with your doctor before you change anything. Ann
Annoldie

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:57 pm

I spread my tablets through the day I take it during breakfast,lunch,dinner I think that is better for me I'm not feeling hungry anymore. My doc told me to do it this way wen I tried to take it all at once I was sick as a kitten. I know in 2wks time I am have to increase the dosage I'm on 3x500mg.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby LATINA30 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:08 pm

ah thanks very much, I am just concerned its not having any effect but I am not putting weight on which is a bonus...i do however need to exercise which is proving tricky as I am recovering from being poorly :(
how are you finding met??? any tips???
LATINA30

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:11 pm

Latina 30

I'm feeling ok I'm getting bored in drinking water :( n I'm looking for something else instead of water sometimes.
any sugar free drinks tips?
I'm not a tea drinker I need a drink that's not got caffinee or aspartame in it as well. No hidden sugars
Thanks ladies

|:
FIREFIGHTER

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:11 pm

Latina 30

I'm feeling ok I'm getting bored in drinking water :( n I'm looking for something else instead of water sometimes.
any sugar free drinks tips?
I'm not a tea drinker I need a drink that's not got caffinee or aspartame in it as well. No hidden sugars
Thanks ladies

|:
FIREFIGHTER

Postby LATINA30 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:12 pm

thats a toughie, have you tried roobush tea? sounds wierd but its not like normal tea, its like a creme caramel in a cup lol!(its also caffeine free!) I have a problem with asparatame too due to my IBS, have you thought about trying fruit infusions? teapigs do a cracking range of stuff, you can drink them hot or cold which makes a nice change, you can also buy sampler tins which only contain a few bags so you can try them, lovely! have you thought about trying instant lemon tea? or apple tea?
also smoothies are a lovely alternative if you make them yourself....
waffle waffle waffle!!!! :lol:
LATINA30

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks Latina30 I will try those :lol: :P
FIREFIGHTER

Postby Lamb » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:28 am

Redbush/Rooiboos tea is great, I drink it with a little milk and it's great because no caffiene :)

also have you tried vegetable juices? i bought a juicer this year and have been making all sorts of concoctions - a fave is carrot, celery, ginger and apple, I try and balance the juices out to have more vegetables that fruit so it's less sugary.
Diagnosed PCOS - Apr 09
Supplements: Omega 3 Oils, multivitamin /mineral
Holistic Support: Indian Herbs
BMI: TBC Weight: TBC
Mummy to baby Harrison born 13-1-2012!
*******STAY POSITIVE*******
Lamb

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes