Help with Diabetes please.

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Help with Diabetes please.

Postby Hayleybrown07 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:19 pm

Hello. I was diagnosed with pcos last year. Im just a bit concerned, as recently my mood swings are all over the place, im in pain, and have mega sugar cravings. I get really really thirsty and pee a lot more than normal. I cant stop eating sugary things, but then ill get really down afterwards, and get massive migraines. What is going on?
I have been blood tested in the past which havent showed diabetes, but i know it runs on my mums side of the family, is it possibe to have diabetes in the space of 6 months. Please help. xx
Live life dramatically.
Hayleybrown07

Postby Annoldie » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Hayley, you may have Insulin Resistance or Diabetes so perhaps you should go and see your GP or Practise Nurse and get checked out - something is causing your symptoms and you will only keep worrying about them. Ann
Annoldie

Postby petsnponies » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:21 am

Hi,
I'm a type 1 diabetic and was diagnosed around 4 years ago. I had the same symptoms as you. it started after a bad flu virus i had, i read later that a virus can trigger the autoimmune reaction which causes type 1 diabetes.
I'd definatley go and get a blood test for it. i went to lloyds pharmacy after a friend (who has type 2) advised me to. my blood sugar was 29!
hope everything goes alright for you! and sont worry its not the end of the world if you do have it.
zoe x
petsnponies

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes