Swollen Belly!

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Swollen Belly!

Postby Lotus » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:01 am

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2004 after having had my Endometriosis lasered away. I put on 4 stone in 2 months and all of it went on my middle. I have never been a big eater - I actually have doctors telling me to eat more. But my downfall is the sugary drinks market - one well known red can feeds my hunger for sugar and caffeine very well. But I have been mistaken for being pregnant so many times now. I am 'normal size' everywhere else but my waist measurement is over 120cm!!! I can only fit in maternity clothes. I have been put on Metformin, but I was diagnosed Insulin Resistant in 2004 - this is different to Type 2 diabetes apparently. The docs have just done my hormone levels again and said that my testosterone levels are high still. So I get loads of lovely hair growth in places I don't want, but my hair falls out on mass from my head! I hate hormones. But does anyone have any light to shed on pregnant tummy look? It's especially harsh to have an illness make you look pregnant when it makes it difficult for you to get pregnant.
Lotus

Postby Hols969 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:40 pm

The tummy area is PCOS, as we put on weight like men rather than all over like women, Ive started doing sit ups and things like that and it is starting to define my fatty waist a bit which helps.

It is the place were we put on weight though and with the exception of dieting there isnt much that can be done unfortunately. I find I have to wear a size larger trousers just to fit my waist but they are too baggy on my legs so I now opt for the smaller size and a revolting overhang which I try and hide!!!
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby debware87 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:27 am

well I was told I was insulin resistant some time ago,, but that seems to be ok for now and no longer on Met, but I do have a bad belly,, but what I have done which has made things better is to stop all white bread, Pasta and Rice and you need to swap ordinary fizzy drinks for the low or zero types,, ok some do have artifcial sugar in some dont,, but the less sugar you take in helps with the bloat,,

also drink a green tea now and again,, during the day,, if you can drink a detox tea aswell, as some days when I have over done the sugar,, be in on purpose with being fed up and have chocolate or the hidden sugars my belly in 10 times worse,, but on days where i am carefull it is so much better,, lots of excersise helps..
debware87

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes