Not loosing ANYTHING on met...

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Not loosing ANYTHING on met...

Postby LATINA30 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:23 pm

I have been on met since the end of march, I take 1500mg slow release at night with my evening meal, I have been sticking to a low fat healthy diet and trying to mix as much low gi food as possible but I have not lost any weight or much inchage, I am really fed up about it, is anyone else having the same issues?

:(
LATINA30

Postby Lamb » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi LAtina,

I#m having similar problems... The first month I took it I lost almost a stone but have since put it all back on again... I'm following the low GI/GL diet too - but I am not exercising and I think this is the problem. It's one thing to take it and start improving your metabolism I guess... But it's taken 3 years to put this extra 3 stone on, so I guess it's going to take longer than 3 months to lose it.. :(

I've just got a Cross Trainer at home, I'm going to use this tonight!

Are you doing any exercise?
x
Diagnosed PCOS - Apr 09
Supplements: Omega 3 Oils, multivitamin /mineral
Holistic Support: Indian Herbs
BMI: TBC Weight: TBC
Mummy to baby Harrison born 13-1-2012!
*******STAY POSITIVE*******
Lamb

Postby LATINA30 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Yeah, try to go to the gym twice a week and have a very active job, its just so frustrating :cry:
LATINA30

Not losing weight on metformin

Postby sarahlucia » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:56 pm

I've been on Meformin for 8 years and it certainly hasn't helped me to lose weight despite following a healthy diet!
sarahlucia

Postby LATINA30 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:49 pm

have you found any benefits at all Sarahlucia? :lol:
LATINA30

Postby sarahlucia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:16 pm

Metformin has stabilised my blood sugar levels but that's about the only benefit I can be sure of..... :)
sarahlucia

Postby LATINA30 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:27 pm

I am debating bloomin liposuction, I think it woould be cheaper in the long run lol!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
LATINA30

Postby zillie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:52 pm

metformin isnt meant to make you lose weight, some people do lose weight others put it on and other stay the same, the only gurantee to weight loss is healthy eating and plenty of exercise, when its done properly it does work. Im not making it up either my boyfriend was with me when the doctor told me this when he put me on metformin, i have back up to prove this :)
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
My Blog - http://lizzie-takingitadayatatime.blogspot.com/
zillie

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:43 pm

My dad is on mets his one is dibetic but he has to do it with diet but they put him on mets n he says he has lost 2 sts n wen I was on it I was not losing just feeling sick (naseous).
FIREFIGHTER

Postby zillie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:15 pm

i ve had the feeling sick too but as i say its not the met that makes you lose the weight its the healthy eating that makes you lose the weight, the met reduces the insulin resistance that makes you put on weight more easily :)
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
My Blog - http://lizzie-takingitadayatatime.blogspot.com/
zillie

Postby LATINA30 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:14 am

I think i got it into my head that it was a wonder drug which would make the weight fall off lol :lol:

I do eat moderately healthy but do need to exercise as currently I am off resting with a dvt!!!!

:cry:
LATINA30

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes