I feel sick after eating sweet things.:(

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

I feel sick after eating sweet things.:(

Postby sapphire20 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:32 pm

I'm not diabetic, but lately I've been trying to avoid sweet things like chocolate as I'm trying to lose weight. I let myself have a little bit if I've been good, but whenever I fall off the bandwagon so to speak..and eat something indulgent I feel like I'm going to be sick and a bit shaky. It takes a few hours for it to go away.
Is this normal??? thanks :P
sapphire20

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Sorry I dnt know. Some1 will know.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby babygem » Fri May 01, 2009 8:54 am

This does sound as though it could be an insulin resistance problem - I used to regularly experience something similar after eating too many carbs in particular. Sometimes I would actually vomit and then feel better.

Do you get the same thing happen after eating other carb based foods such as mashed potato or white bread?

Do you also feel sleepy sometimes after eating these things too?

A glucose tolerance test confirmed that I had insulin resistance. I have found that things have improved enormously by eating low GI, taking metformin and losing weight.
babygem

Postby louisap » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:14 pm

I got this the other day!! I went to Costa Coffee and had had a really bad day at work and thought I would indulge in a chocolate bar, felt really sick and shakey it was horrid!

I have been told by the docs that i am slightly insulin resistant but I think that realy confirms it!
PCOS Diagnosed July 2009
Me: 25 OH: 27

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2c3ffb
louisap

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes