Metformin

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Metformin

Postby Lippy999 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:19 am

Is Metformin really the bext thing for PCOS? I have been taking it for about 5 years now and I don't feel like it is that great. I am still overweight, despite losing 2 and a half stone before my wedding. I put the weight back on. I am insulin resistant. GP is no help. Any ideas on what I could use instead? I really want to lose weight and body fat and keep it off.
Lippy999

Postby babygem » Fri May 01, 2009 9:06 am

How have you been trying to lose weight Lippy? I have found a combination of things has helped me.

I am also insulin resistant and have found metformin really helpful for helping me lose weight (amongst other things) and keeping it off, but only in combination with a low GI diet, regular moderate exercise and more recently also taking Xenical when my weight plateaued.

Using all of these things together I have lost over 6 stone over the last couple of years.
babygem

Postby LATINA30 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:25 pm

Hey girls, hope your both ok, I have been on met for 8 weeks now, I eat a lowish gi diet and don't really exercise due to having a moderately active job, I have lost inchage on met but not weight.....

any suggestions? and how long can you stay on met for?

:lol:
LATINA30

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes