Pre Diabetic and stressed

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Pre Diabetic and stressed

Postby piptom2121 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi
I feel as if I am pre everything, Pre cancerous (hyperplasia a typical of the womb) pre diabetic and low folic acid in my body making me anaemic!!!

So stressed I just need some tips re food on helping fight this thing, I am cutting right back to almost no - white bread/Rice/pasta and chocolate and sweets and pop.. I am exercising in total for about 4hr a week - every other day (was so unfit I could barely walk after my first session 2 weeks ago with a personal trainer)

Any tips or success stories greatly appreciated. I am currently on 1500mg of metformin, a mivera coil, Zoladex.

Pip
xxx
TTC since 2006
05/09 -
10mg Letrozole - OV - BFN
06/09
10mg Letrozole - Good size follicle
piptom2121

Postby gemiwing » Mon May 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi,

I am pre-diabetic too. It's very frustrating and at times I feel like just giving up. Yet I keep on fighting.

I don't have any words of wisdom or tips- just wanted you to know that I hear you loud and clear. Sometimes I feel like I'm pre-everything too.
gemiwing

Not sure if it's the same thing... but..

Postby Katie82 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi

I'm not sure if pre-diabetes and insulin resistance are the same thing. But I seem to be having a lot of troubles with very low blood sugar too.

I am getting nowhere with the doc, so have self imposed the following exclusion diet:
Wheat - any kind, even low GI
Dairy - As it can stress your digestive system anyways
Caffine - Plays havoc with adrenals & blood sugar regulation. I love my coffee, so am having de-caff (some diets will tell you not to, but I can't help it).
Sugar of any kind!! I occasionally have a little honey. And to stop myself tipping over the insanity edge I allow myself 2 sqs of 85% cocoa dark chocolate each day - or my sweet tooth goes nuts.
You need to start checking ingredients on packets as you'd be surprised that sugar is included in most things - cereals, soups, sauces, you name it - its in there!
Oh - and no alcohol! :( This one I found hard, as a self confessed party girl, I have had to do a complete 360 turn-around in my lifestyle.

I don't have any processed food - and have started cooking everything from scratch as much as possible.

Loads of green vegi's are great - but go easy on starchy ones as they get converted to sugars too quick - so potatoes, sweetcorn, should be something you have only occasionally. (although, if you eat them with protein it brings down the overall GI).

As someone who used to run or spin everyday and had to stop, I have been really worried about my fitness and weight - but I have taken up yoga instead, and try and do a little every other day. It works on the whole body and is very healing - great for stress and anxiety too - and is extremely good for strengthaning and toning - plus, you leave the room with a bounce in your step, so I'd recommend it to anyone. It might not be for you, but give it a try.

I know the diet stuff and the problems are daunting, but give it a go, because although it's a pain I have found that it is actually worth it to feel better! It took until my 4-5 week of eating this way to start to feel better.

Let me know how you get on, best of luck and feel better. xxx
Katie82

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes