i am really tired all the time any tips???

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Postby mommywannabe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi Ladies.

I also feel so tired all the time. My poor husband has such a battle on his hands every morning trying to get me going.

It must be due to a combination of carrying the extra weight and the insulin resistance! It has to be.

babygem - what low gi diet are you following?

I am so glad to find out that I am not some freak that just needs to sleep all the time and never feels better for it.
mommywannabe

Postby tillypops » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:29 pm

hi i'm fairly new to this i'm exhausted !!can seem to muster much energy have cut down hours at work but feel just as bad just started diet as need to lose weight gp unsupportive and practically told me to live with it{pcos} theres no cure think i need to change gp but to where so miserable with lack of support
tillypops

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:28 pm

yep i had that, i still do i think it might be the sugar.
i had this wave of tiredness n that was it for me i had to go bed n it just catches u like nothing. im still tired but will sleep later hopefully :roll:
i do think its the sugar we obsivve in our bloodstream like how we break it up that makes us sleepy.
FIREFIGHTER

hey theresa

Postby lianne » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Hey im going through exactly the same symptoms. Constantly tired have no energy and have very strange mood swings. I wake up tired and come home for work and have to go to bed for an hour or so and drag myself around the house doing the usual and go to bed and sleep til the alarm. Its a major vicious cycle in order for you to have more energy you have to to loose weight and exercise but in order for you to do those things you need to be able to get out of bed lol. Typical isn't it. Iv had my thyroide checked and the next step is to maybe check for diabetes just to be sure. All the above ladies have talked about low GI diets etc and to be honest it sounds worth doing. And try to eat little and often, have small meals and at least two snacks a day.

Good luck :)
lianne

Postby Vedrana » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:35 pm

I have a really great ENDO she run all kinds of test when i came to her and found that i have IR and PCOS... anyway, she said that tirednees is a symptom and it is the number 1 symptome of IR....
i feel lot less tired since i started metformin and low GI. workouts also help. so dont worry that something more is worng all u need is PCOs to make ur life a mess :-)
VeDrAna :)
PCOS + IR + Pituitary Tumor
Metformin 500mg/day
Vedrana

Postby Amber » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:48 pm

I wonder if this has anything to do with the lack of progesterone in our system. I went for 8 months with no AF and was feeling so bad. I was then given some Provera tablets to induce AF and on the second day of taking them I suddenly had loads of energy (and I had a cold at the time too). I now haven't had AF for three months and feel crap again and have also managed to come down with something making it even worse. I am waiting for some natural progesterone cream to arrive in the post to try as I want to avoid the Provera tablets as they can make insulin resistance worse.
Diagnosed March 09
Lap & Dye Aug 09
6 x Clomid 50mg Ov BFN - 24-26 days
1 x clomid 100mg over stimulated
Cyclogest
IVF 1st round - 2 blasts BFN
Letting thing happen naturally
BFP @ 11 wks - Nov 12 mmc 12 wks
BFP @ 8 wks - 21/05/14 EDD 31/12/14
DD born 03/01/15
Amber

Previous