PCOS and appetite control

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

PCOS and appetite control

Postby tgrlvr » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:46 am

Hi

Anyone able to point me at any articles or research on appetite control problems in PCOS? Anyone want to share their experiences of this or is it just me who's hungry all the time..?

I'm having a bit of a tussle with my gynae about weight loss and appetite control problems with PCOS. He uttered the magic words to me "why don't I lose some weight" to help with my PCOS as if that were some kind of epiphany. He's right, I need to lose some weight but as we all know it aint that easy when your disease makes you put weight on, keep it on, and makes you feel hungry all the time. At least that's my experience of it. Am I on my own on this one...?
BFP with DD on 3rd cycle of clomid - born Jan 10
On 1st cycle of clomid TTC 2nd time round Aug 11
tgrlvr

Postby LittleDot » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 pm

I find I feel hungry if I've eaten the wrong things (sounds strange but does make sense). Foods which digest quick make you feel hungry more because they've been digested leaving you empty needing something else to eat. These foods are usually high GI foods e.g white bread. I find my appetite is much more satifised and I stay full for longer after eating a sandwich made of granary bread (Low GI food). Low GI foods digest much slower keeping you fuller for longer. If you already eat mostly Low GI foods then I'm sorry I don't have another explanation.

Hope this helps you.
Dot
me 30, DH 32
Dec83-Diabetes type 1
Sept05-started TTC
Apr07, July07, Aug07-Clomid 50mg, OVed-BFNs
Feb08-HSG
Aug08-Lap&Dye-All ok
Sept09-IVF#1 14 eggs none fertilised
LittleDot

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:06 pm

that def makes sense :D
FIREFIGHTER

Postby dragonfly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:45 pm

That totally makes sense :)
dragonfly

Postby lantern » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:39 pm

I've been eating Oatibix for breakfast for the past week and have definitely noticed that my food cravings aren't as bad, which is a bonus as before I thought about food all the time! now it's more "am I actually hungry?" if I do feel peckish.

Oatibix doesn't taste great but this doesn't bother me, I prefer to eat food that fuels me and lasts much longer in my system!
lantern

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes