Confused!!!

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Confused!!!

Postby TwinkleStar82 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:48 am

Hi,

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year but I have always known something wasnt right.

My weight keeps going up and up and now my gynacologist has told me that he thinks that I am a type 2 diabetic. I am having a new blood test when AF starts this month and I am seeing him towards the end of the month because he wants to start me on Metformin.

He has also told me to eat no sugar or carbs (at all) until I see him next.

Can anyone give me advise or help me out! Im now on day 5 of new diet light headed all the time and feel sick (but then I felt sick every morning before diet anyway).

Please just advise Im struggerling to get through I just want to lose weight!.

Twinkle x
TwinkleStar82

Postby babygem » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 am

Hi Twinkle,

That sounds like a very extreme request your Dr has made. Perhaps you could contact his clinic to see if that is really what he meant you to do? After all there is even carbohydrates/sugar in fruit and veg! What exactly has he said yoiu can eat at the moment?

Maybe he just meant for you to not eat any refined/rubbish type stuff like crisps, cakes, biscuits and so on, which would send your blood sugar sky high, rather than no slow release, low GI carbs like poridge, wholegrain bread, wholewheat pasta or brown basmati rice type things (in small quantities as part of a meal)?

Definitely worth checking out I think, at least with your GP if you can't get in touch with your consultant.

Babygem x
babygem

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes