confused????

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

confused????

Postby broody78 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:20 pm

hi all, ive had pcos for 10 yrs now and carry all weight around middle(size20)-anyway,went to docs last monday had blood glucose test it came back at 7.4,so doc ordered another one which i had done on thurs anyway,it came back at 6.8.... im on waiting list now for otgt,3 wk wait... why such a drop??? am abit confused .. does this mean i have diabetes??? any help grately appreciated!
broody78

Postby MsMara » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:39 pm

haven't got a clue sorry... but didnt want to read & run.

do you know what it was they tested? i.e. was it blood sugar? cuz i know that can be affected by what you'd recently ingested.
The best thing about life is that it's never so bad that it can't get worse.

Trying to lose 6 stone
MsMara

Postby broody78 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:41 pm

hiya!!! it was a fasting blood glucose test.i did fast for 10hrs but did eat a few biscuits in the day before my fast for the first test ... is that why the reading was higher than the second? although i did fast for full 10hrs after the biscuits!!..i dont understand in such a short space of time why the readings were so different :?
broody78

Postby MsMara » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:05 pm

that's possible especially as biscuits have such high sugar content (that did make me laugh that you did fast - but ate a few biscuits - that is such a me thing to do!)

to be honest, i think that would have an effect cuz the sugar from the buscuits would then produce false readings.

did you fast (biscuit-free) all thru for the second one?
The best thing about life is that it's never so bad that it can't get worse.

Trying to lose 6 stone
MsMara

Postby broody78 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:17 pm

ha,ha i know i did stuff abit before the first fast!!! :roll: :lol: no on second one i ate normal--no naughtys!! had my tea at 7pm that was it,water then till i had my test done following morning at 9.45am.
broody78

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes