Glucose Test - Finally!!!

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby sydneyme » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:10 pm

I know when i had mine done a month ago I waited for about half an hour then got my blood taken. They gave me a orange sugar drink and told me to drink it in 5 minutes then come back 5 minutes before the 2 hours is up. Then they just told me to come knock at the lab door and they will do it then so I don't have to wait. They were very strict about the 2 hour time limit and didn't want me to be over 2 hours.
sydneyme

Postby RVB » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:37 pm

I had a GTT done a couple of months ago and was concerned how I would feel and what the drink would taste like.

The drink I was given was a white powder that they mixed with water - and tasted just like sugary water - quite nice actually!

I did feel a little queasy about 10 minutes after having the drink but that quickly passed.

Once the 2nd blood test was taken after the 2 hours I felt absolutely fine - I was prepared to have to go home and eat some breakfast before going into work but ended up having a cup of tea because I was so thirsty and grabbing my lunch before heading into work.

I didn't have to wait long at all but I had mine done at the local Nuffield hospital so there wouldn't be much of a wait anyway.

The important thing is to make sure that the 2nd test is taken after 2 hours otherwise it could affect the result.

Good luck!
RVB

Postby Hols969 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:53 am

Test day today - how did it go?
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes