Why have I just drunk half a litre of apple juice?

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Why have I just drunk half a litre of apple juice?

Postby Sue81 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:42 pm

I have no idea what just possessed me to drink half a litre of apple juice. I have IR and drinking this stuff makes me feel terrible. I don't even know why I bought it. I can feel it kicking in. I feel all weird and detached.

I know I won't receive any replies in time to help with this one but does anyone know if there is a way to deal with this? I usually feel dodgy until I have slept it off.
Live Life
Buddyslim.com weight loss blog
Sue81

Postby MsMara » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:34 pm

no idea sorry, but i know what you mean! i do things like that all the time. hugs!
The best thing about life is that it's never so bad that it can't get worse.

Trying to lose 6 stone
MsMara

Postby celandine » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:47 pm

Aww never mind.
We have all done stuff like that :?
Before now i have eaten a box of cakes felt very sick and then promtly eaten some more :oops:
With the IR it is very important to eat little and often to try and keep the blood sugars level.
Though i think like you said the best thing is try not to buy the stuff that may cause you to have a craving.
I avoid bread now as i eat it and then for ages after i am dying for chocolate. Same with high fat stuff like pastry.
I noticed today i was craving butter and cake and it was because my depression was bad today and i did not have the energy to eat regularly i just had three main meals and no snacks hence the craving.
celandine

Postby petsnponies » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:32 am

have you had a blood glucose test?

Im type 1 diabetic and when i wasnt diagnosed i used to get an urge to drink massive amounts (id also pee lots!).

Dont want to worry you but i'd check just in case. some pharmacies offer free blood glucose testing thats the quickest way to check.

x
petsnponies

Postby Charley » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Have you had any pain under the ribs on the right side of your chest? I began craving apple juice before i was diagnosed with gall stones. That type of pain is when they move and subsequent searching made me find links suggesting that apple juice allegedly helps to destroy them. I have now had my gall bladder removed and haven't craved apple juice since! Bizarre but true :lol:
Charley

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes