Hello..New...Metformin taker...confused

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Hello..New...Metformin taker...confused

Postby TickledGreen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:57 pm

:) Hello to everybody. Wow didnt relise ther were that many sufferers out there.
I have had what i think is sever pocs for many years now. I have 4 kids. 12 ,5 & 7 month old twins.
first 2 concieved no problems.
POCS hit a high 5yrs back, had cysts removed surgically. Then finally went on clomid after tests revelled no ovulation. resulting in cycle 3..Twins..
Ive never had any real help with pocs & never really understood it i have always been told to loose weight & all my problems will improve.
I have extreme facial hair, body hair on breast back abdomen omg eveywhere., achne, skin folds,,yukk. infertility..most of the symptoms.overweight.
now time has come to do somehting.
I have been dieting since i gave birth, i have been going to gym 3 times a week,.
now i extreme swim 70 speed length twice a week., & havent lost a bloody pound..arggg how bad can it get.
im 5.5 & 15st. & actually lighter when i gave birth..something happened when i was pg & i lost lots of weight. :roll:
So ive been on metformin now for 2 weeks. have read that i should perhaps watch my carbs so am thinking of going this way. sounds like it is going to be a real struggle.
I am exhausted & so so fed up. i just cant go on, but am not giving up i ahte being fat so much, what makes it worse is people dont know i cant actually help it.
Claire
TickledGreen

Postby DawnyB » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi Claire,

I'm not on met (my clinic are on the not sure camp about its value for PCOS) but a low GI diet is a good way to go.

Have you read any of the Colette Harris books? She writes with Theresa Cheung - my personal favourite is the PCOS Dietbook. its easily readable, and makes sense.

You don't say where you live, but if you are near London, the Verity conference is this Saturday (the 26th) and Colette is going to be one of the speakers. If you look here - http://www.verity-pcos.org.uk/board/vie ... hp?t=13762 you'll get all the info.

If you can't come to this conference, it would be great to see you at some future event!
MrsB was time for a name change :)

Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity

ImageImage

Ranty mum diary - my blog
DawnyB
Verity Admin

Postby TickledGreen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:36 am

Hi no im in shropshire, i never realised how big pocs was!
i never even knew ther were books on it & i will search the gi diet as ive never heard of it.
Thanks
Claire
TickledGreen

Postby Annoldie » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi, I found The Ultimate PCOS Handbook ( by the same authors ) very helpful too.
Annoldie

Postby Lizzie » Tue May 20, 2008 3:58 pm

i've been on metformin since October 07 - negative side effects stopped feb 08 (can't drink anymore or have really spicy food as get horrendous cramps), positives - I have lost a stone and no longer crave carbs
Lizzie

Postby TickledGreen » Tue May 20, 2008 5:49 pm

:wink:
well it all seems to be going well i have lost 9lb & am NEVER hungry..
periods have started again, have been prescibed it another 3 months let hope for more results..
TickledGreen

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes