ADIVCE NEEDED PLEASE ABOUT GLUCOSE

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

ADIVCE NEEDED PLEASE ABOUT GLUCOSE

Postby emma05 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:41 pm

I went to my docs for yet another blood test, they tested for my 21day, cholestrol and glucose. My cholestrol has come back to normal now (thanks to benecol! and my diet) :OP
But the doctor has told me that I have high glucose for my age and shouldnt be that high and to just make an appointment with the nurse. I am not diabetic yet! but was really worried and to be honest I have no idea where to start from now, and how bloody hopeless doctors can be. I even asked about Metformin, and she said not yet, we need to assess your sugars, and that was it! Can anyone shed some light on this for me please, as I am very confused and wondering wether I should just buy a kit and just keep and eye on my sugar levels.

HELP THANKS,XXXXX
emma05

Postby lynsay » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:58 pm

It took me ages to get Metformin. The doc tested my fasting glucose and and also referred me to an Endocrinologist who really knew her stuff! Doctors seem reluctant to prescribe metformin. Dianette helps with acne but can with some people make them gain weight. Did with me I think. They finally gave me metformin cos I get the shakes if I don't eat every couple of hours and put alot of weight on in a short time. 4th day today on tabs and still feel sick!!
lynsay

Postby emma05 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:47 am

HI Lynsay
Thanks for your reply, well I went for my blood test on Thursady and omg, it was terrible. Anyway, I will try and see what the doc has to say on monday , if I am diabetic then maybe they will suggest Met, or maybe not, what does met do thou? If I am diabetic through control with diet, would it help me at all?

P.S. I hope your feeling better :O)
emma05

Postby TRYING TO KEEP FAITH » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:56 pm

I WAS TAKING MET FOR PCOS AND THEN THEY FOUND OUT I HAVE DIABETES AND I HAD TO GO ON INSULIN MET WAS NOT CONTROLING THE SUGAR. MET MY HELP WITH PCOS BUT I WASNT ON IT LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW, AND I USED TO GET REALLY SICK TAKE IT WITH FOOD AND EAT SNACKS 2 CRACKERS
TRYING TO KEEP FAITH

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes