pain on right side of belly button

One of the most common symptoms of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

pain on right side of belly button

Postby MissLouisa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Just wondering if anybody else gets a sharp pain on the right side of there belly button when there on there period? I have just been put on northisterone due to constantly bleeding all the time.
MissLouisa

Re: pain on right side of belly button

Postby wilsoja3 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:09 pm

hi Louisa

I had a similar query as last month I was taken into hospital due to heavy bleeding which turned out to be 3 infections. but anyways when I was chatting away I said I had this weird sharp pain in my right hand side and it never normally happened as rarely have periods as normally I have no symptoms and one day solid bleeding then gone.

the doctor said it can be linked to many things from the worst case E.G ruptured cyst, to PID (Pelvic inflammatory disease) or the best case E.G general pain or ovulation. I wouldn't worry too much if the pain is at a manageable level but if your concerned pop to the doctors or local Family planning get a quick swab test and if no infections come back your laughing as my bets is on just general pain as I got told because it been so long since I had a period it could just be a build up breaking down but I prefer to think and hope it was a sign of ovulation!

I hope that helped a little and also put your mind at ease not to worry :)
May 15 - TTC
Jun 15 - start of problems
Nov 15 - referred for US
Dec 15 - PCOS Confirmed
Jan 16 - Bloods Normal
Jan 16 - Unable to confirm OV
Feb 16 - Started Pregnacare Her & Him
Feb 16 - First Gyn App
wilsoja3

Return to Irregular cycles