Copper Coil and constant bleeding

One of the most common symptoms of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Copper Coil and constant bleeding

Postby JReg32 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:40 pm

Hello!

I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice... I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and have on average, around 6 periods a year. About 2 years ago I had the cooper coil fitted and (apart from initial pain) it has been fine until recently. I have been bleeding for 2 months! I have had my bloods checked and everything is 'normal' so my GP suggested I go on the pill to help regulate the bleeding but I've been taking it for 2 1/2 weeks and still bleeding.

I wondered if anyone had experienced prolonged bleeding after having the coil fitted? I'm wondering if I should have it removed and stay on the pill? It's a nightmare!

Thanks!

J
JReg32

Re: Copper Coil and constant bleeding

Postby Hols969 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:04 am

Is that the contraceptive pill, if so which one? It can take 3 months for it to settle down. Have you put on weight or anything like stress etc that may be affect it ?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Copper Coil and constant bleeding

Postby JReg32 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is the contraceptive pill (Rigevidon). I have been stressed with work and may have put on a little weight (but probably due to stress-eating!) so nothing unusual.
JReg32

Return to Irregular cycles