Continuous bleeding amongst other things

One of the most common symptoms of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Continuous bleeding amongst other things

Postby helscol » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and was really hoping someone may be able to identify with my experience?

I am 33 years old and for the last 12 months approx something has really changed with my body!

Up until that point I had a regular monthly cycle without fail. I have however been overweight since childhood and suffered from facial hair (chin)

12 months ago I had a very light period, nothing like my normal ones which are fairly heavy. The following month I had an extrememly heavy period, heavier than anything Id had before. Then nothing for around 3 months. Then I had what I thought was a light period start so felt relieved but it was actually a period of prolonged bleeding - around 40 days of very light bleeding (no pad needed most of the time) i visited the doctor who sent for hormone tests and a transvaginal scan. She didnt seem overly concerned. I am now on my 2nd round of continual bleeding - maybe even longer this time.

My hormone tests have come back normal :-(

I havent had my scan yet.

I have also developed a monthly cycle of 2-3 cluster migraines a month. Something I NEVER had before my periods changed.

Does this sound like PCOS or something different?
What can they do about the bleeding as I am starting to get really worried and its effecting my mood and my sex life (but to be honest my sex drive has kind of dissapeared too!)

I know the doctor will try and get to the bottom of things but I cannot believe my hormone levels came back as normal!

Any thoughts would be appreciated! :?:
helscol

Return to Irregular cycles