Can an irregular cycle lead to premenopase?

One of the most common symptoms of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Can an irregular cycle lead to premenopase?

Postby sapphire20 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:57 pm

Hello, for the past 4 years my cycles have been regular & normal without hormone pills but then they just stopped nearly 20mths now:( my own silly fault for ignoring it thinking it'll come back...Nada...Never had this before & from longest ever been was 3mnths years ago (then needed provera to kickstart) Can't go on the pill, & been having vaginal dryness, fatigue, very worried as it says online premenopause is possible?....How on earth would PCOS sufferers know if they're experiencing early-menopause? (26 yr old in severe pelvic pain needs answers!! lol :P )
sapphire20

Re: Can an irregular cycle lead to premenopase?

Postby Hols969 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:40 am

I know I agree - I think the menopause symptoms are pretty similar to a lot of pcos symptoms too. Luckily I am still on the contraceptive pill (Im 45) so I am hoping it may pass me by LOL. Anything else going on, extra stress, gained weight or anything ?

There is quite an active Verity Facebook page and I use the PCOS (cysters in the UK) one which is a very friendly group and very active (more than the forum) so may be worth joining one of those or both (any posts you do do not show up on your private page as its a closed/private group).

Any member of your family go through the menopause early - I had heard that PCOS ladies tend to go through the menopause later in life because we do not use up the eggs as quickly due to not having periods but there is little research done on the menopause and pcos unfortunately!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Can an irregular cycle lead to premenopase?

Postby mcpherson1997 » Fri May 01, 2015 4:27 pm

I have the same view on menopause and PCOS as Hols969. Sorry I can't offer more advice related to that but I would like to share what worked for me. I know everyone responds differently to treatments but hopefully this is helpful. After years of suffering from PCOS symptoms and having side effects from some of the meds I did my own research and found an article about using a natural approach to treat PCOS symptoms. Following the recommendations for over a year now I feel better than I have in a long time and I'm not taking any meds except for natural supplements. I wasn't eating very healthy so I changed my diet to low carb (choosing complex carbs), healthy fat and lean protein. With insulin resistance I didn't realize I was only making things worse by choosing simple carbs like white rice, white bread and some snack foods. Complex carbs take longer to digest and release a lesser amount of sugar and a more consistent rate. My diet change along with incorporating yoga and natural supplements is what I know maintains my hormonal balance. For the past 10 months I have had regular cycles and have been blessed with very minimal symptoms of PCOS. (I'm not even sure they are related to PCOS). Of course weight loss due to the lifestyle changes I have made has also played a major role in hormonal regulation. The article that inspired me to use a natural approach can be found at http://detoxscientific.com/pcos-diet. I wish all of you ladies battling PCOS the best, I know this isn't a club I ever wanted to join but at least I'm getting relief.
mcpherson1997

Return to Irregular cycles