I'm new and looking for some input!

One of the most common symptoms of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

I'm new and looking for some input!

Postby CMCW1982 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:10 pm

Evening ladies!

I was diagnosed last summer with endo and PCOS, having had trouble more than half my life (I'm 32 now). I had a laparoscopy, which helped for about four months. After that, I was back to the eyewatering cramps, pain on the L side, irregular very heavy bleeding and no control over my weight.

I've had a Mirena put in twice, but twice it moved within a few days resulting in a trip to casualty for removal. I can't take the combined pill as it makes me violently sick, so my latest consultant recommended Cerazette. I started it mid December, and I've now had a period for a fortnight with no sign of it letting up.

I'm just about tearing my hair out but I'm too exhausted to even do that.

The consultant insists I try this Cerazette for a minimum of six months before they will look at an alternative - she says the only thing left is major surgery to start removing things - I don't think I can cope with another five months of this :-(

Has anyone else had this?
CMCW1982

Re: I'm new and looking for some input!

Postby Hols969 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Have you looked at the medication forum and the pill section? I'm pretty sure Meringoo has endo as well and I believe she is on this pill as well, you could always send her a private message as she is very friendly so would be happy to help if she can.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: I'm new and looking for some input!

Postby LilyGirl » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi CMCW1982,
Having endo and PCOS is a struggle. Adding the side effects of Mirena in there is just making everything worse. Due to Mireana removal, your hormone imbalance is significant. There are holistic and natural solutions you could use. The medical community is limited to things like invasive surgery when the rest of their options have run out. I suggest visiting this website http://detoxscientific.com/pcos-diet/ it is full of information relating directly to Mirena complications and PCOS. Spend some time reading the articles on the site at I think you will find a lot of helpful information.
LilyGirl

Return to Irregular cycles