What pill to try next?

One of the most common symptoms of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

What pill to try next?

Postby Bonnie1977 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi

I would like some advice, if possible.

I have a Mirena Coil. It was put in to try to regulate my periods.
I bleed almost constantly and have done so for many years.
I have tried implants, patches, combined pills and now the coil, with the combined pill, but I still can't have a manageable period. I have a milk allergy, so some pills are just no good for me as they cause me terrible pain.

I went to my doctor before I had to come away to the Middle East to live. She tried me on a few different pills and the Evra patch. The pill that worked best for me (gave me a 3 week cycle), was Cilest. I have been taking it for a year, but now can't get hold of it over here... I managed to get 1 pack a couple of months ago, but now every pharmacy I go to says it is no longer available in Oman & they cannot/will not order it. I need to know if there is another pill with the same ingredients, which either does not contain milk, or maybe just a tiny amount, that I could try to see if I could get hold of out here. I know they sell Yasmin and Marvellon.

I hope somebody can advise me. I feel very lost and anxious at the prospect of having to go back to enduring constant bleeding again. :-(

Thank you for your time
Bonnie
Bonnie1977

Re: What pill to try next?

Postby Hols969 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Have you looked at the pill thread as Meringoo has done loads of research on pills, if you cant find any info then send her a private message and I am sure she will advise if she can.

Here is a link to the pill bit, go to the last few pages as they are probably most up to date.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26813
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Irregular cycles