Thick lining on uterus on scan please help me :(

One of the most common symptoms of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Thick lining on uterus on scan please help me :(

Postby vixy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Hiya everyone I have just seen my consultant today and hes confirmed I have pcos and he said on my scan can see thick lining and he wants to put me on tablets to start me having periods (I have had no period for like 2 years always spotting here and there ) so he said if it doesn't work Hel send me to the gyne nd not to worry ? But ive come home a mess googled and seen cancer everywhere im so scared :( I just wanna know if there's people here who have the thickness and is it treatable ? Common ? X
vixy

Re: Thick lining on uterus on scan please help me :(

Postby Joanne81 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi Vixy,

Try not to worry! Irregular periods will mean that you don't necessarily shed the lining of your womb on a monthly basis which isn't very good for you. When I have periods, they sometimes came once a year but would last for a month and be very heavy. It will obviously build up. The tablets will give you a period to get rid of it and then you can start a healthy new lining.
TTC #1 since May '12, diagnosed Aug '12 after a lifetime of irregular cycles and lack of ovulation. Referred for treatment Jan '13. 7 rounds of clomid and DD Molly born at 36 weeks 30/07/2014

TTC #2 Sept 2016...BFP Dec 2016. EDD 31/8/17.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8ed0
Joanne81

Postby vixy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Hiya Joanne thank you so much for replying , i suffer quite bad with anxiety i just can't stop worrying , I asked the consultant should i be worried he said no but all i keep thinking is what if these tablets don't work on me ? It could mean cancer , I don't gave anyone to talk to who has the thick lining I can talk to or has it im just a mess at home scared x
vixy

Postby Joanne81 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:04 pm

If you haven't had a proper period for 2 years love, it will be thick as its built up. The tablets will work fine I'm sure, but if they didn't then they will look at that.

I had the coil fitted for contraception and due to irregular periods, as it was fitted just randomly as I didn't have a regular period, I bled really heavily for 3 months! It will have all built up and was very dark, sorry tmi!
TTC #1 since May '12, diagnosed Aug '12 after a lifetime of irregular cycles and lack of ovulation. Referred for treatment Jan '13. 7 rounds of clomid and DD Molly born at 36 weeks 30/07/2014

Joanne81

Postby vixy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Hiya ! Well it's been like spotting on and off for 2 years , ive always been irregular though then I had my boys and got the mirena coil fitted and had nothing no bleeding at all then I hit told that was normal so I have the copper one in now and I just spot every 3 mnth or so , discharge aswell a lot haha tmi ! :p ive just had a phone call there off my consultant to reasure me abit he said I shouldn't worry he's not concernd , if the tablets didn't work they sharnt neglect it but im not worried he says ... Im terrible I just so scared ️xx did you say you had tablets ? X
vixy

Postby Joanne81 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:56 pm

No I never had them, I wasn't diagnosed till ttc so no one seemed to care that my cycles were irregular!

Joanne81

Postby crazyDiane » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:07 am

Dont worry baby! :) Since 2013 to 2014 I had about 2/3 periods a year and I was shocked.... Now, I use the Inofem and I have 5/6 periods a yeas and I am in heaven! :))
crazyDiane

Postby crazyDiane » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:43 am

And now, after taking still the Inofem (read more about it here: http://www.inofem.pl/en/who-should-use-inofem-,10048) I have very regullar cycles! I am so so happy, because it is a sign that it will be all "normal" soon! :)
crazyDiane

Return to Irregular cycles