Mirena Coil?!?

One of the most common symptoms of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Mirena Coil?!?

Postby Laura56 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Just been to the GP and as I don't seem to be getting on with the pill (been on it 11 years) to regulate my cycle (period once every 2 years) she's suggesting the mirena coil to protect my uterus. Has anyone else had this, or know of it being used before for this purpose?
Diagnosed 2000

Microgynon 2002
Cerazette 2010
Laura56

Re: Mirena Coil?!?

Postby Hols969 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:44 pm

I know lots of ladies have been really happy with the coil.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Bonnie1977 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi

I don't know if you already went ahead with this or not.
I just joined the site today, as I want to ask some questions to get advice on how I might manage my cycle, but I saw your post & it distracted me from what I wanted to ask, because I was given the Mirena coil for exactly the same reason (to control my very erratic cycle) & it made no difference. I still have it in & I also take the combined pill (was Logynon, now Cilest) & my period is still a complete pain. I bleed almost constantly and have done so for years... I have no pain or discomfort from my coil, but I see no benefit from it at all...it has been in for nearly 3 years.

I hope by now you have a solution that works for you.
Best of luck
Bonnie
Bonnie1977

Postby LilyGirl » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi Bonnie: I'm hoping that by now this finds you happy and healthy. If you are still struggling with your symptoms (or they have gotten worse), you might want to check out this site as it contains a ton of information regarding the side effects to the Mirena coil and other alternative ways to deal with the hormone changes. It was very informative and resourceful. http://detoxscientific.com/mirena-weight-gain/
LilyGirl

Postby Laura56 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:21 am

Thank you for the replies, I am still waiting on a gynae referral, after more than 6 months, and I haven't had an ultrasound since I was diagnosed 14 years ago, slightly concerned about what they're going to say...
Diagnosed 2000

Microgynon 2002
Cerazette 2010
Laura56

Return to Irregular cycles