Advice please, anyone who can help!

One of the most common symptoms of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Advice please, anyone who can help!

Postby tscott2010 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Well....where to start? I was originally put onto the pill when i was about 15 for seriously bad period pains. This continued for a few years and i found that the pains where returning so my doctor recommended the implant which i went forward with. At this time i was in a serious relationship with my now husband. After the three year of the implant i decided to have it removed and go back onto the pill as we knew it probably wouldnt be that long until we would like to try for a baby. September 2012 we decided the time was right so i came off the pill...and nothing happened. No periods....no symptoms of periods...nothing. So i headed to the doctor and she asked me to give it a little longer. I waited until after Christmas and still nothing. From returning to the doctor, she sent me to have scans done which confirmed that i have PCOS, and we were pretty devastated. At this point, i am 24, 5ft 4, and unfortunatly over 15stone. Since about the age of 19, i have really struggled with my weight. I know i am not the healthist person in the world but i have always felt that what i eat hasnt warnted the weight i am. And i have tried so hard to loose the weight...and nothing...if anything half the time i ended up gaining more weight! Anyway....the doctor sent me away to try and loose weight and explained that you dont generally get any help with fertility treatment until you have been trying for a year and if she refered me at that point i would be sent away to try and loose weight anyway. So i have tried my hardest and done hundreds of research on PCOS and the foods i should avoid, be eating more of etc. My husband and i have also gotten into hiking and have started to climb the Munro hills in Scotland. I am currently 25 and weighing 14st and are still trying to keep the weight dropping as difficult as it is but thats what needs to be done. I was also finding that my periods were pretty much non exsistant, maybe one cycle every 6 months or there abouts. Recently i had been reading alot of articles on Insitol and how it can benefit women with PCOS. In feeling like i was at the point where i would try anything, i thought i might as well give it a shot and have been taking the Holland and Barret Insitol and Choline tablets, one tablet three times a day and since taking the tablets i have had three consecutive periods, roughly 32/35 days cycle for each one. I have just started to try and test to see whether i am actually ovulating or not, this past month i havent had any positive readings. I am not at the point again where i could use some advice from people who are in similar positions? Will i need to loose more weight before i ask for my doctor to refer me? What do others think of insitol tablets?

Any help would be very much apreciated!!!!!!
tscott2010

Re: Advice please, anyone who can help!

Postby Hols969 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:25 am

Don't use the ovulation kits as they don't work for pcos ladies, the best way to do it is taking your temperature (look at the fertility friends website as it advises how) as this is the more accurate for pcos ladies. Also try and eat 6 small meals a day, our body goes into storage mode very easily so even if we ate the RDA we would still gain 2lb a month because of how our body stores fat. If you can avoid white carbs and have no carbs at night, that will make a difference too.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby tscott2010 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:57 am

Great thank you for the advice. I will definitely look into checking by temperature. Ye I agree with what you are saying with smaller meals, it definitely helps. And white carbs have been a no go for a long time now. I also try and steer clear of dairy, as again it's another thing women with pcos can't really digest in the proper way and that's definitely helped.
tscott2010

Postby crazyDiane » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:05 am

And my advice is to look up on: http://www.inofem.pl/en/who-should-use-inofem-,10048. This is is extremely great for pcos girls ;) My friends and I take it and feel perfect. The tem of our body is great and we feel "normal" :)
crazyDiane

Postby crazyDiane » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:46 am

And how are you my girl? Did you try the one I was writing about - Inofem? If yes, please tell me more about your feelings, head and tummy
:)
crazyDiane

Return to Irregular cycles