worth seeing my GP or not???

One of the most common symptoms of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

worth seeing my GP or not???

Postby bell4309 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:44 am

Hi guys

havent been on for a while but I know that when I need help you guys are always there!

After 9 months of no periods at all during 2013, I have now entered 2014 with 6 periods in the last 10 weeks :( they are just as heavy as a normal period.

as you can imagine I am exhausted, hormonal, tearful etc MOST OF THE TIME! I am getting married next August and am supposed to be hitting the gym and eating well, however all my body craves is sugar - and as a hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) a high sugar diet is not a good idea either!! Its a vicious circle of feeling crap and eating crap. All I wanf to do is sleep so working with 3 and 4 yr olds all day is exhausting!

is it even worth seeing GP as all he will say is its a side effect of PCOS??? What's anyones thoughts on what to do?

Thanks for readjng.

kim
You are never alone in how you feel, even when it seems like it!
bell4309

Re: worth seeing my GP or not???

Postby Hols969 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:19 pm

Definitely, it is too draining to bleed like that, they can give you stuff to stop it.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby bell4309 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:38 pm

I agree on the 'feeling drained'. I'm exhausted!!!
You are never alone in how you feel, even when it seems like it!
bell4309

Postby Hols969 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:40 pm

Not surprised, it's bad enough when you have to put up with a normal cycle and those sugar cravings!!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Irregular cycles