Irregular Periods

One of the most common symptoms of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Irregular Periods

Postby TANYA1292 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:46 pm

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16 as I didn't have periods, I had one not long after I was diagnosed and it lasted for about 3 months very heavy and lots of blood clots. I haven't had a period since and I am to be 21 in April. I have however started a period 2 days ago now and it is extremely painful, I can barely move and I am losing a lot of blood again, there are more blood clots again and when I rang my GP I was told to take ibuprofen to reduce the blood flow however this hasn't helped. I was also put on the pill to try and regulate periods and this did nothing either, I have also tried dieting to lose weight and nothing seems to be working. I am quite scared with the amount of pain I am in and how much blood I am losing and was just wondering if anybody could give any advice.
Thanks! :)
TANYA1292

Re: Irregular Periods

Postby Hols969 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:14 pm

You need to go back to your GP and get medication to force a bleed as you should have 4 a year to keep your uterus healthy, also have regular smears as well if you haven't had periods that often. Have you been looked at for endometriosis as well as pain, generally is not a symptom of pcos, but is with endo. It may be worth asking to be referred to an endocrinologist as they deal with both pcos and endo so would be able to pinpoint why you are getting the pain. The blood you are losing wont be nearly as much as it looks so try not to worry about it from that point of view. Where you put on a combined pill to help with your periods or was it the mini pill?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Irregular cycles