Clomid 50 mg

One of the most common symptoms of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Clomid 50 mg

Postby Kimtom123 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice this is my first cycle of clomid 50 mg i did not think it was working.
But on cd 19 i got a positive smiley face one my ovulation test, i was feeling bloated and had lots of cm and spots on my chin all indications of ovulation taking place. However cd 24 today still feel bloated have lots of cm still can keep getting definite positives on my ovulation test sticks whats happening? Thanks
Kimtom123

Re: Clomid 50 mg

Postby gemstone83 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:44 am

Kim - Unfortunately for ladies with PCOS many of us have high LH levels which gives the positive ovulation tests. Do you chart your temperature? If not then I recommend you start as you will see a thermal shift when you have ovulated. You can get free software and great tutorials that go through what you need to do at fertilityfriend.com. On the trying to conceive board we have a clomid buddies thread which you might find useful. Some aldies need a larger dose of clomid, some it works better the more months you take.

Are you getting any monitoring from the fertility clinic? I only got one blood test but due to charting my temperatures I was able to get it done at the right time in my cycle.

I also didn't ovulate until day 20 on my first cycle and not till day 40 on my second so it is possible to ovulate later then cd14.

xx
TTC since June 2010
August 2011 - Aug 2013 3 first tri miscarriages and a mmc at 12 weeks
Sticky Blood/Hughes Syndrome/APS diagnosed
Lletz November 2012 following abnormal smear
Beautiful baby girl born July 2014 with the help of 150mg aspirin, fragmin, cyclogest, high dose folic acid and a stitch
gemstone83

Postby hmwaters84 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:59 am

Kimtom - I have also heard that OPK do not work for PCOS ladies as gemstone said due to the already high LH levels but have you thought about BBT charting? I am wondering whether to do this....

gemstone - congrats on your pregnancy!! xx

Can PCOS ladies really ovulate as late as CD40? That gives me hope as I am currently on CD46 - no bleed as yet, two negative pregnancy tests. However I've been having multiple ovulation signs on and off for the last 3 weeks or more! It is frustrating to say the least.

I've also heard that Clomid mimics pregnancy symptoms - I have had mild tingling in my right breast on about 4 occasions over the last 2 weeks and although not extreme nausea, I just don't feel quite right during or after eating. I have been pregnant previously and the nausea was pretty much constant, it was awful.

Good Luck Kimtom!
Me: 'Lean' PCOS with absent ovulation/periods, oily skin/acne, mild excess hair, high LH
Feb - Apr 2011 Two rounds of 50mg Clomid, unsuccessful
June - Sept 2011 Metformin
Oct 2011 - 3 rounds of Provera so I could begin Clomid 100mg. No bleed happened, oestrogen was tested twice - came back very high, Doctors baffled, CT scan and ultrasound booked...
Dec 6th 2011 - FOUND OUT I WAS APPROX 20WKS PREGNANT!

9th April 2012 - My darling Daughter Freya Mary entered our lives
hmwaters84

Postby crazyDiane » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:55 pm

I dont know much about Clomid but I heard a lot about Inofem - a brand new medicine in UK. In Poland it is very popular and a lot of PCOSsick take it :)
crazyDiane

Postby iron_mum » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:55 am

my doctor said that i should take clomid but im not so sure :( i read that sometimes you could have problems with seeing :( i work as a accountant and my eyes are so important in work :( Now I`m on metformin, vitamin B12, and inofem. I dont wanna take so many medicines.

Metformin is ok i loose some kg but my comfort wasn`t so good :(

with b12 i have no problem like after inofem.

I wanna be pregnant but with PCOS RI and my overweight I begin to doubt :(

Maybe inofem, my super diet and a lot od zumba help me to conceive :) I read here http://www.inofem.pl/en/ that it really could help
iron_mum

Return to Irregular cycles