PCOS bullying? Advice needed

Depression, mood swings, etc.

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

PCOS bullying? Advice needed

Postby ciara_lou23 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Has anyone ever been bullied due to the symptoms of pcos?

I'm 18 and in sixth form. I have facial hair and am overweight/obese. Recently, I recieved some emails about how ugly I am because I'm overweight and have facial hair. Although the 'bully' has been dealt with, I feel disgusted with it all. I feel so ugly and that everyone thinks I'm the ugliest person alive. I convinced myself that people couldn't see the facial hair or love me for my personality but now I feel everyone was just being polite and that secretly, they think I'm disgusting.

I've lost all self esteem/confidence and I don't know how I will ever feel the same again :'(

Has anyone else been in a similar situation, and if so, how did you cope?
Any advice would really be appriciated

Thanks
ciara_lou23

Postby GillyRose » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Bullies are stupid little cowards with no confidence in themselves. They prey on other people to make it look like they have.

It is also a psychological fact that the aspect in which a bully picks on, is a trait they are worrying about in themselves.

The fact that they sent you an email rather than saying what they did to your face, should show you that they have no courage.

You are a beautiful person, and I believe we are all souls and the body is a carcass for our duration here on earth. No matter what faults the body may have, the soul will always remain the same and grow with experience.

Dont let their words get you down. They are worth less than the sh*t on the street!
GillyRose

Postby sunflower » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:40 pm

I have felt extremely self conscious in the past and have felt very down when it came to appearances. Changing my mindset about the situation has taken a while to do but it can be done.

I read somewhere recently that those that hurt are hurting. I think that this is very true.

This forum is very valuable in being able to talk honestly.

A lot of people are just very ignorant.

Hugs to you.
sunflower

Postby Hols969 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:27 am

Yes I think bullies are usually people with very low self esteem actually. If someone likes you they wont even notice the fat/hair, but bullies will find anything negative that they can find - Im sure if you look at the bully you would see something that isnt so attractive!!

You arent disgusting AT ALL - if you are then the rest of us are. We cant help our facial hair and it is really difficult to lose weight.

There are a few things that can help. Going on the contraceptive pill will slow down the hair growth (yasmin is a good one) and our endocrinologist experts at Verity actually recommend it until you want a family as it masks all the symptoms. Vaniqa is a cream that also helps slow down the growth of the hair.

Exercise is very good for improving your mood as well, reduce as much white carb as possible and also sugar. Little changes will make a massive difference.

Ignore the bully as they are not worth it and to be honest it truly is what is inside that counts. We are all different and not everyone finds the same people attractive which is good, you are attractive and have a good heart so remember that!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby ciara_lou23 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:18 pm

thanks everyone for your lovely comments. I do use the vaniquia cream, although it isnt working yet..
Thanks again

Ciara
xx
ciara_lou23

Postby Hols969 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:31 pm

I think it can take quite a few months to work so dont lose heart if you dont see things quickly. Using it along with laser/ipl is also good as well so if you can stretch to having ipl that will make a huge difference just after one session. Look at groupon. I just got 6 half leg sessions for £100 compared to the normal £400 or so so is worth joining!! The confidence I have felt from not having a beard has been MASSIVE and I feel normal generally!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby ciara_lou23 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:44 pm

[quote="Holly"]I think it can take quite a few months to work so dont lose heart if you dont see things quickly. Using it along with laser/ipl is also good as well so if you can stretch to having ipl that will make a huge difference just after one session. Look at groupon. I just got 6 half leg sessions for £100 compared to the normal £400 or so so is worth joining!! The confidence I have felt from not having a beard has been MASSIVE and I feel normal generally!![/quote]

I'm also doing ipl, i'm only on my second session though.
Thanks for your advice, i'm starting to feel a bit more confident now the whole bullying thing has calmed down. I have good days and bad days but i suppose thats normal for everyone really!!
Thanks again

Ciara
xx
ciara_lou23

Postby jazlou02 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:22 pm

i do believe bullies have their own issues they have to have something missing in their own lives to cause trouble for others i really feel for you i am extrememly self consious of my symptoms even tho i have a good support network and people i work with and spend time with have been lovely either that or they haven't said anything to my face!!!!

hugs to you hold your head high cos you are fab xxxxx
jazlou02

Return to Emotional aspects of PCOS