Metformin if I'm not overweight?

Struggling with weight control? Tried every diet on earth? The Glycemic Index, Low-Carbs, etc...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Metformin if I'm not overweight?

Postby Izzy92 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Hi all

I'm new to this and feeling really down about my weight and image. I'm not technically classed as overweight but I have gained about a stone since last September and it was in December that I got diagnosed with PCOS.

I run 4 miles every other day and I eat very clean. This isn't a new thing, I've always been a healthy eater and enjoyed running. In the past running has helped me lose/keep off the weight and I've been able to eat pretty much what I want even though I mostly choose healthy options anyway but since getting PCOS I'm finding that nothing is working. I cut out high gi foods, have been using all the metabolism boosting tricks and exercising even harder but I haven't shed a single pound and I don't look any slimmer.

I'm so down about it and find myself not going out to social events because I'm so ashamed of the way I look. I spend too many nights crying when I look in the mirror and running away from any camera that's pointed at me.

Do you think my dr would prescribe me metformin even though I'm not technically overweight? (5ft 3 and 9.5 stone) I've heard how much it's helped others who struggled with similar issues only they were all technically overweight.

Any help or guidance wouldn't be amazing

:)
Izzy92

Return to Weight & Healthy Eating