New to the page and New to weight loss

Struggling with weight control? Tried every diet on earth? The Glycemic Index, Low-Carbs, etc...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

New to the page and New to weight loss

Postby Romans_Mum » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi there ladies,

I am new to this forum and also new to weight loss. I was hoping from some help and advice please. My name is Nikki and I had my son (Roman) on clomid 2 years ago. Since having him I have become overweight. I am now wanting to lose around 2 and half stone but I am also TTC and hoping to start clomid again next month (just waiting on blood results) I've been looking at slimming world, low carb high fat diets, weight watchers, etc but have absolutely no idea which is best. I have spent days doing research and I'm more confused than before.. What I'm asking is - is there a diet which encourages weight loss, promotes conception and is fine to do with clomid??

Please help ladies!!!

Thank you all,
Nikki xx
Romans_Mum

Re: New to the page and New to weight loss

Postby Hols969 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:08 am

I think its really what would fit in with your lifestyle really. I personally find slimming world a bit weird and not very pcos friendly but lots of ladies have lots of success on it. The easiest one for me currently is the 5:2 diet where you fast for 2 days, once you get your head around it it is actually really easy and cheap, I lost 4.5lb the first week and only have a stone to go (then its gone to the 2lb a week which is fine), I tend to watch what I eat on the other days but pretty much eat anything I want really so it has less of the feeling of a diet really and you just need to fast 1 day a week to maintain the weight. There are loads of health benefits to fasting as well. What is strange also is that it has changed how I feel about being hungry too so I dont reach for food when my stomach grumbles.

Lots of ladies love the Norah Lane diet as well, 3 I know lost between 4-7 stone and all became pregnant naturally (that diet has produced over 400 babies conceived naturally after following it), I did it and lost 3 stone (wasnt ttc) but it fitted in well with me and didnt feel too much of a diet really so the key thing is finding something that fits in with you as you are more likely to lose weight and stick to it.

Generally low GI is good for pcos ladies.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby wrigglepup » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:26 am

Hi talking about being hungry, it reminds me of what a friend said to me once, she'd put on some weight for the first time in her life, always been slim, when she was full she would stop eating. She said she never felt hungry anymore.
I must say I lost a lot of weight once by listening to my stomach rather than my appetite and head.
wrigglepup

Postby Hols969 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:33 am

It is difficult to listen to your body sometimes - like I eat a whole pack of biscuits if I open it and two would do :-)
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby wrigglepup » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:46 am

Your not wrong there! Holly,
Don't know how I would cope if my partner who does the shopping had a big snack habit.
He is careful cause he was a rather chubby teenager.
If there are chocolate bars in the house I find it hard to resist and like you once I start I can't stop even when I have stopped enjoying them. It's worse cause I know I shouldn't!x
wrigglepup

Return to Weight & Healthy Eating