Diet Advice

Struggling with weight control? Tried every diet on earth? The Glycemic Index, Low-Carbs, etc...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Diet Advice

Postby Le Clair » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi All

I've suffered and battled with my weight since my mid teens (used to do 5 types of dance and stuff my face without putting weight on, then stopped dancing, took up watching football and wondered why I ballooned!) - I didn't have a diagnosis of PCOS back then, but I do have to wonder!

Over the last few years, I feel like my weight, and my life, have spiraled out of control - What with several family bereavements, a partner who suffers from Agoraphobia and Anxiety, being made redundant, having to supply teach for a year,and moving to a whole new county!

I've recently been put back onto Yasmin, and given Metformin, by my new doctor, who is the first Doctor I've ever been to who will take PCOS seriously! I'm currently at around 15 stone 8 (around 99 kilos, according to doctors scales!), which is as heavy as I've ever been. Gotta say I feel crap! Hate myself, my bulging stomach and flabby hips.

So, have determined to do something about it. I have been trying the 5 : 2 diet for the last month or so but nothing seems to be happening. And I find my Tuesdays and Wednesdays (500 Calorie days) excruciating.

The main issue I have with diets is that I am a VERY picky eater - I hate salads, rice, pasta, vegetables (apart from peas and potatoes) or anything of the sort - Really a traditional English, Steak-and-chips, meant-and-veg kinda gal!

I'd welcome any advice on what I can do - Are there any diets that have worked well for other picky eaters out there?

I am trying to exercise more but with a busy lifestyle, and a boyf who works away 4 days a week (although this is ending at the start of July) I never seem to get the time to do anything (or motivation!)

I really don't want to be this lump of lard anymore (Sorry, but self-pity is also one of my many faults!)

Cheers

LC
Le Clair

Return to Weight & Healthy Eating