How do you stay motivated?

Struggling with weight control? Tried every diet on earth? The Glycemic Index, Low-Carbs, etc...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

How do you stay motivated?

Postby -Lydia- » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:01 pm

I lost two stone by counting calories with MFP. Then I stopped counting calories and put about half a stone back on. I still want to lose 1.5 stone to get down to 9 stone (my target) but have been the same weight since the start of the year. I joined the gym which I'm doing well keeping up with but really struggling to eat healthily. I had a LOT of willpower while I was using MFP and managed to resist the things I shouldn't have.

Just wondering to those losing weight or have lost weight, how do you stay motivated to eat healthily?
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

* In the process of getting from 12 stone to 9 stone. Currently 10.5 stone
* Diagnosed May 2011, aged 20
* Currently on Nexplanon after trying various contraceptive pills
* Determined to conquer PCOS! =)
-Lydia-

Re: How do you stay motivated?

Postby Hols969 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:46 pm

I think really changing your habits, I lost 3 stone a few years ago and have pretty much managed to keep if off by sticking to the principles of the diet I was on e.g eat little and often and no carbs at night. It can be difficult to stay motivated sometimes tho!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby -Lydia- » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Hols969 wrote:I think really changing your habits, I lost 3 stone a few years ago and have pretty much managed to keep if off by sticking to the principles of the diet I was on e.g eat little and often and no carbs at night. It can be difficult to stay motivated sometimes tho!!

Well done :)

It really is difficult to stay motivated :( I did really well and then for the past year or so, even though the desire to lose weight is still there, I have zero willpower!

What kinds of things do you eat in the evening that are carb-free? I am terrible for carbs - evening meals usually consist of pasta, rice or potato. Today I had beans on toast for breakfast (quite a late breakfast though), then curry sauce with vegetarian chicken and rice for dinner and a mango yogurt. So today has been alright compared to others (take aways, cheese, cakes etc) but still pretty carb-heavy.
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

* In the process of getting from 12 stone to 9 stone. Currently 10.5 stone
* Diagnosed May 2011, aged 20
* Currently on Nexplanon after trying various contraceptive pills
* Determined to conquer PCOS! =)
-Lydia-

Postby Hols969 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:38 am

I have things like spag bol without the spag, mentally it was really tough not to have carbs in the evening initially as how can you have a curry without rice etc but actually I don't even think about it now, just have lots of salad and veg to make it look like a proper meal. For me I tend to have potato rather than pasta as I cannot control my portion control with pasta and rice so its easier as you will only do one baked potato etc, so I think portion control was a huge factor for me. I tend to have a muesli bar for breakfast (as I go on the train to work) then yoghurt when I get into work, a packet of low fat crisps mid morning, sandwich, salad or pasta for lunch, then fruit mid way thru the afternoon, then a normal supper with no carbs, so I spread it throughout the day so Im never really hungry.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Weight & Healthy Eating