Lost over 4 stone and not dieting

Struggling with weight control? Tried every diet on earth? The Glycemic Index, Low-Carbs, etc...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Lost over 4 stone and not dieting

Postby AmberJS » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:58 pm

I met someone recently and they recommended this site so I'm here. I thought I might be able to encourage those of you struggling on diets... End of last January I read a book about 5:2 fasting which changed my life. I haven't looked back and it only cost me the price of the book. No weekly subscription. There is a Facebook support page which is amazing too and also free.

I struggled to walk 10 mins when I started but decided to sign up for a 5k charity run which I would walk. I started training doing 20 mins on a treadmill just walking and now have done 3 5 k events and run/jog 5k now. Best time is 37 and a half mins but I'm pleased with progress and aim to do a 10k race before end of October 2014!

Instead of focusing on weight I now focus on fitness and that helps me. I fast 3 days a week and the rest of the time I don't count calories at all. I'm not on a diet. I am still obese but I'm no longer morbidly obese so that's a massive achievement. I was diagnosed with pcos about 11 years ago and have struggled with weight issues all my life but finally feel like I've found the lifestyle that suits me and my pcos.

Thanks for reading, I hope I've given some one hope as this time last year I was convinced surgery was my only hope.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (479.75 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
AmberJS

Re: Lost over 4 stone and not dieting

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Well done you.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby annabelboys » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:15 am

amazing - well done! Weight loss/gain is a really a side effect of lifestyle - a healthy lifestyle and your body will find its natural healthy weight as you've found out. I wish there was generally more focus on health rather than those pesky numbers of the scales...
annabelboys

Postby Chups » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Fantastic! You look great!
Oct 2000 - Diagnosed with PCOS
May 2006 - Referred to consultant - started 6 month clomid - BFN
Jan 2009 - Metformin started
March 2010 - IVF 1 - 23 follicles, 10 eggs collected, 2 fertilised, none to freeze - 2 returned. BFP - MMC @ 7w6d,
Nov 2013 - IVF 2 - 15 follicles, 8 eggs fertilised - none to freeze, 2 returned.. BFN, follow up appt on 19th Feb 2014.
Chups

Postby vixy » Mon May 12, 2014 3:28 pm

hiya you look amazing! I have just started going to the gym 3 times a week and I felt amazing as I struggle with my weight with pcos and its getting me really down because I only seem to lose a little bit then im all bloated and look big again after doing really well , it gets me so upset I only got diagnosed this year so im new to this...your story inspired me I hope I can lose a lot of weight ....
vixy

Postby AmberJS » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Thanks, sorry haven't been on here for ages. I am struggling but still running and fasting. Moods have been swinging! X
AmberJS

Return to Weight & Healthy Eating